Triveni’s world class manufacturing facility is located at Bengaluru, India. Spread over an area of 15,000 square meters, the facility houses state-of-the-art machinery to manufacture steam turbines to international quality standards. The facility has capacity to manufacture over 150 turbines a year.
The manufacturing and assembly of a steam turbine involve high level of precision engineering employing numerous components and sub-assemblies. The mechanical integrity and tolerances are very critical to the product performance, efficiency and reliability. The state of the art manufacturing processes and machinery are deployed for in-house manufacture of critical components. The range of turbine components manufactured in-house includes casings, rotors, blades, labyrinth packing and oil seal holders. The manufactured turbines undergo extensive quality checks and precision tests. Triveni is amongst the few turbine manufacturers worldwide, which conducts mechanical steam run tests. Engineers ensure that the turbines maintain mechanical integrity, operational safety, and over-speed limits in no load conditions. These tests are conducted prior to product dispatch to the site.
- 4-axis CNC machines for blade machining from Deckel Maho , Makino, and BFW
- LIECHTI 5-axis CNC machining centre for profile tapered and twisted blades
- High precision and speed machining WFL 5-axis CNC mill turn centre for multi-stage steam turbine rotors
- Zeiss measuring machine for precise critical component measurement
- Computerized wireless Advanced Data Acquisition System (ADAS) for mechanical run test data capture and automatic report generation.
- Mitsubishi 5-face CNC gantry milling machine for steam turbine casings
- CNC turn mill centres for labyrinth seals machining
- CNC vertical turret lathe for large casings machining
- SCHENCK RoTec vacuum tunnel balancing facility for steam turbine rotors up to 150 MW
- Integrated CAD/CAM systems for refined turbine component manufacturing
- Handling facility for overhead materials with a capacity of over 70 tons
- Rotor thermal stability test facility
- Turbine precision assembly clean room (Cl. 10000)
- SAP systems for entire turbine manufacturing process. These cover all process activities from raw material procurement to turbine delivery
- Steam boilers for conducting turbine mechanical run tests at operational speeds
- Computerized testing facility for ensuring rotor thermal stability
- High rise storage system for components